Devils Rejects Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

werewolves and vampires

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

werewolves and vampires - Page 3 Empty Re: werewolves and vampires

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:28 am

i would, but ya, im wrotin a freakin book, and writing a book + reading books = FAIL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe the Devils Reject Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 am

well gd luck with that book then. erm vampire ftw (c i stayed on topic)
Joe the Devils Reject
Joe the Devils Reject
Level 3: Not too Chatty

Male
Number of posts : 51
Guild : Devils Rejects!
Main GW Character : malaketh dracul, worrior of khorne, snorri whitebeard & anything with joe in it should be me
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:24 pm

lol, well, ppl can still put their input n, and well, we were on topic rlly, cept me, but hey, and thxs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 am

I think Werewolves rock so much cause I love dogs wolves and all that and Vampires never really were my fav till I read that book I told you about it helps so much to know vampires.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

ya, werewolves r fun
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe the Devils Reject Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:03 pm

i like em both but i just like vampires more
Joe the Devils Reject
Joe the Devils Reject

Male
Main GW Character : malaketh dracul, worrior of khorne, snorri whitebeard & anything with joe in it should be me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:15 pm

lol, ya
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:07 am

Er...Why do I get the feeling that the majority of these posts are being made with Twilight characters in mind?

Anyways, I'd rather not be either, truth be told, but if I was in a situation where it was one or the other, I'd probably go with Vampire. While the prospect of taking human life for my own survival is a rather depressing thought, atleast as a Vampire, I'd get to choose who my victims are. I could only target people who I felt deserved to die. People who were either better off dead, or who the world would be a better place without.

If the legends about Werewolves are true, they don't have that same luxury. They'll pretty much just go after who ever's closest to them at the time.

One thing that's always intrigued me though is why the two are always being pitted against each other in modern media. You see the whole Bat vs. Dog thing alot these days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe the Devils Reject Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 am

bah cant stand twilight! vampires came 1st! there are old legends about feral vampires (werewolves) fighting regular ones. thats why they are shon fighting each other in the modern media. however they get so much wrong in these films.
i cant stand it Evil or Very Mad
Joe the Devils Reject
Joe the Devils Reject

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:16 pm

i perfer the general idea of a werewolf (currently) and well, were did twilight come in???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

werewolves and vampires - Page 3 Empty Werewolf>Vampire

Post by Aleria the Helping Hand Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:17 am

Firstly while the common idea of Romanians believing that Vampires were first is "documented" I would like to bring to everyone's attention that Romania had many mythical interests of the lighter sort before Dracula. They believed in fairies of the forest nymphs dryads the like. So why would they document "werewolves" they had no reason to hunt such creatures as most of them did not survive the encounter to tell the tale. In ancient Gaelic and Romanian legends once romanians cared to actually dignify werewolves as something ther than vampires. They said that indeed they would only come out on a full moon....incidentally as they mention...a wolf is compelled to howl at the full moon which is why the beast inside of a man was beyond his control. The beasts primal instinct forced the man aside. On to my point. Mystical "disappearances" in the woods were not unheard of. Though the Romanians usually credited such kills to Dracula or his kind rather than perhaps addressing it to the more likely prey of a werewolf. Werewolves did not attack harbor towns or towns that were in flat open areas. The only credited and documented sightings of ancient times or invasions even were in those villages in mountainous or forested regions.

A Werewolf has the intuitive instincts of its base creature which is a wolf. Werewolves do not travel in packs because werewolves never went after ANY prey. They instincively went for the prey with the strongest most dominant aura which they could pit their own strength against. Case in point...like an ALPHA male wolf. So the whole "Werewolves vs. Vampires" motif came from the wolf and its instinct to challenge a creature or equal or at least close to power. Werewolves only used mindless killing when they felt cornered or threatened. Case in point most stories of vampire hunters or werewolf hunters speak of bands of them traveling to hunt these "creatures." A wolf would feel cornered and fight back. Being as it fights with the claw and fang...it would look rather savage to a human. The wolf switches from only hunting for survival and pride to survival. In the case of "Van Helsing" his pertinent aura would draw a werewolf to him as a wolf can smell the blood of his own kin as well of that which it has killed itself. Its perception would sense a worthy opponent..or competition for its own territory and draw the werewolf to Helsing. Making a Werewolf seem rather savage as they come out of nowhere...and it is never in a friendly fashion. But in all fairness we are mankind...and as a general rule mankind does not like that which can be superior to it.

Now then in the case of a vampire. I am disregarding any mentions of Twilight or any other sect or cult that exists in the modern world of today. The narrow minded belief that vampires can only come out in daylight would be established by vampires themselves. A vampire is a creature which possesses abilities that mythical professors still speculate on. If humanity thinks a vampire cannot come out in daylight then there is no threat of vampires being hunted during the day...nor anything preventing them from feeding. As in medival times to now there are hundreds of never solved "disappearances" where women or even men have walked off with a person of the opposite sex....and they are never seen again. I do not wish to sound like some nut job. But I firmly believe vampires do exist in this world. There isn't as many of them as we might believe or they want us to believe though. Why? They most likely cannot always pass their "curse" within one bite. Many of us may have met someone randomly once in our life. I know more than once in my life I have had a friend or family member ask me about a girl I have talked apparently more than once....that I never recall speaking to. Yet apparently every single time I see her I supposedly talk to her like I know her. So I have done my own research in these fields. In my own personal opinion vampires cannot just "pass their curse" through one bite...it is like human reproduction....it has a chance of failure....whether it be the human immune system resisting it or simply dieing before reaching whatever destination it is meant for. The bite marks they leave may heal overnight or even extremely quickly. Certain snake bites in South America actually heal over within a few hours by causing your body to naturally hasten the healing process....forcing the poison to remain in your body as your immunity is focused on healing. It is completely harmless to humans as the venom itself is only useful oncreatures of bird size. But the same principal could apply here. There are people in this world that have different "abnormalities" be it unnatural strength due to increased muscle density or expanded lungs from living in high elevations. So a vampire could easily mask their "special talents" and "heightened senses" in this world just as any other human being. Stories say they are stronger and have better senses than a human...I think this "curse" of theirs directly affects the brain...which would also directly affect brain capacity. The theory of them being immortal is also vampire established...if what you fear cannot die...then you must hunt it....but huntig something that is stronger than you in every way means you will bring others with you....which means more prospective "brothers and sisters" or even "husbands and wives" for a vampire. I don't think they are emotionally detatched like legends say...just cold from being so alone in this world without anyone. I don't think either creature is "magical" really. They eist within this world...so they utilize things of this world. The human body is capable of much evolution and change....so it is capable of being a "vampire" it is as simple as a virus that is potent enough to spread itself into one piece of DNA....then all it has to do is spread.

So now that I just addressed a huge list of conspiracies that have to do with vampires and a brief summary of why Werewolves were not brought up in Romanian history until after Dracula....my conclusion time.

I would personall prefer to be a werewolf if they actually exist within this plane. Many people describe me as a wolf already so I would love to actually be aligned with that inner beast inside of me. Shapeshifting or not I do have an accute sense of smell as well as rigid hearing. I'm not saying I am a werewolf...but I am saying that each human may be different according to what animal they are aligned with. I view a werewolf as a creature that keeps things simple...natural...how it was meant to be in this world. I view a vampire as a symbol of the corrupting and manipulative ways this world has become. Or in the Romanian eye...was becoming. Dracula as well as the portrayal of vampries showed them as manpulative and deceiving....Werewolves were portrayed as feral..but strong. So I really see them as symbolizing two different idealisms in the world of today. Vampires being the dark figures that embody the dark and manipulative present. Werewolves....the strong, natural, and often times ugly way of life.

I would be a werewolf. That which upholds the original human purpose....survival of the fittest....take what you need...survive. Be the alpha wolf ov my domain and live. Not slowly control a large event through manipulative and dark ways through my actions. *sniffs the air* The winds of change are blowing in......soon we will all have to make a decision...not of light or dark...but of independence or conformity. I choose the life of an Independent Wolf. What is your choice vampire lovers?

~Aleria
Aleria the Helping Hand
Aleria the Helping Hand
Level 0: New Newbie

Number of posts : 6
Guild : X Devils Rejects X
Main GW Character : Aleria Sangwinn (Leri Bear)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by meshtoff Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 am

What text or books have you read pertaining to vampires and werewolves beside any history refering to them.
ummm first thing vampires and werewolves are purly fictional. That being said i like the mythos of vampires. I would like to believe if they did exsist that they would be creatures of the night and to turn"or create another vampire" a bite is not how its done ,but feeding on the blood of another vampire would cause the transformation. as writen about in Anne Rice vampire stories. I would have to say that the Anne Rice mythos about the vampires is the standard i go by. Vampires,with extreme age, could walk in day light. I have not seen or read twilight but i will to see what all the hype is about.
Anyway i could go on and on but i wont. My opinions on the subject are not for most vampire fans. I think anyway.
Meshtoff(mka ALEX)
meshtoff
meshtoff
Level 2: Member
Level 2: Member

Male
Number of posts : 31
Main GW Character : meshtoff wolfgang
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

werewolves and vampires - Page 3 Empty Werewolf>Vampire

Post by Aleria the Helping Hand Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:18 pm

It was mostly a compilation of different conspiracy theories of if vampires existed and how they would exist if so. I'm a fiction writer so I try selling the uncommon. Looks like it takes more than just trying really hard to make a new vampire/werewolf story to get a good thing going. Good thing I tossed that idea on here before actually trying to write it Razz

~Aleria
Aleria the Helping Hand
Aleria the Helping Hand

Number of posts : 6
Guild : X Devils Rejects X
Main GW Character : Aleria Sangwinn (Leri Bear)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:58 pm

i agree with Aleria, like, that whole way, and well, twilight, if we were talking about twilight, we would be saying that vampires dazzle in the sunlight... but yes, there are plenty of people in the world that claim to be vampires OR werewolves, and people have said that they have seen them, now, if those accounts are true or not is not for me to say, all i know is that there are plenty of people who believe in vamps and lycanthropes. i perfer to just let them believe watever thay want, as long as they dont try to push it onto me. but yes, getting a really good vamp/lycan story started and going is really hard, especialy for those who have decided who they would rather be, well, then again, writing a BOOK is hard... lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe the Devils Reject Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:29 am

ok about the vampire reproduction thing. only those who are seen as being "pure of blood" can become vampire through bite to the neck.

i thought i should point that out as most people believe that once someone is bitten then they become a vampire. this is not the case virgins (for example) are seen as pure of blood so when they are bitten they are said to become a vampire.

there are supposed to be other means for example exchanging some of your blood with a vampires.

and as i have said before werewolves are feral vampires according to the europian mythos (there are other vampire and werewolf stories in the world but they can get confusing). however people now seem to be confused to what a vampire and a werewolf can do. allow me to clear things up to the best of my memory.

Vampire:strengths
telepathical possesion and telepathy
telecanisis
unhuman strength, speed and agility
shapeshifting (most commonly into bat and wolf like creatures)
levatation
etherealism (the ability to pass through solid objects at will)
enhansed senses

weaknesses:
weakness to intense light (sun light for example)
can no longer read from holy scriptures
can not travel over running water
hurt by silver (said to have holy proporties)
the hunger (the need to feed off of the life of the living often discribed as "life blood")

Werewolf: strengths:
super human strength, speed, endurance and agility
enhansed senses (greater than a vampires apart from their sight)
thick hide
immortality in beast form (if human form dies they live on in beast form)
mastery over other wolves

weaknesses:
feral (while in beast form will attack friend and foe)
weakness to silver
can not control transformation (occurs under extreme emotions or under the full moon)
fear of fire (obvious realy cause burns hurt Very Happy)
the hunger (while in beast form during full moon only will hunt for food and food alone)
primal desire (if transfors under extreme emotion will go on a rampage until the desire is met, however this depends on the emotion realy)

i am sorry for any spelling mistakes but i was in a rush to get this down and it is good to see this forum getting back on its feet again.
Joe the Devils Reject
Joe the Devils Reject

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by live theif Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:09 pm

omg, been so long, i started this, lol, sadly, it wont remember, stupid internet.... but thank you for the clarification (i know, its really late, lol)
live theif
live theif

Number of posts : 2
Guild : Simulation And Simulacra
Main GW Character : Live Theif
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe the Devils Reject Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:18 pm

one of the biggest threats on the forum
Joe the Devils Reject
Joe the Devils Reject

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by live theif Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:08 pm

wait, im confused, whats one of the biggest threats on the forum???
live theif
live theif

Number of posts : 2
Guild : Simulation And Simulacra
Main GW Character : Live Theif
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content