Devils Rejects Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat Rage and what to do about it?

5 posters

Go down

Chat Rage and what to do about it? Empty Chat Rage and what to do about it?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 pm

This post has nothing to do with any one person or any specific incident. It is meant to be a discussion about chat rage; on how we can further realise the mission of the DR family to provide a safe place to play the game. Feel free to write whatever you want. Please provide your primary characters name, and your guild initials with your comments.

You have all seen it, or maybe even participated. I know I have. Perhaps you were playing and having fun, and someone does something that is annoying on alliance chat. Before long you find yourself saying things in the chat stream that perhaps you shouldn't. Then someone says something to you that they shouldn't have. Before long there is name calling, insulting language, mocking . . . . you know what I am talking about. To punish someone with harsh language feels righteous, and powerfull. "I'm right your wrong and . . . and. . . YOUR AN IDIOT." XD

Then you complain to your guild leader, who complains to the alliance leader, and suddenly all these people are involved. Over what? Who remembers these disagreements two weeks from their happening? Do you remember any disagreements you had on GW last year? Is this rage thing worth all the energy we spend on it?

I really have done it before. Afterward I felt charged up and angry. Then very guilty for being such a jerk. Then, I realised that it's literally insane. I believe anger or rage is like a temporary insanity. It doesn't happen to just isolated people that we call jerks. It happens to everyone. Sometimes I am definately a jerk. No one is above feeling angry. We all take turns.

So my questions are: What do you think we can do about it? What are some real ways that we can stop ourselves from participating. We can't control others, but we can conrtol ourselves.

Could we add humor? Could we shout obsenities outloud rather than typing them? Perhaps we could take a break and walk away from the chat room?

Please post what you think are some things everyone can do to lessen chat rage.

Rufio T [TSA]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Chat Rage and what to do about it? Empty Re: Chat Rage and what to do about it?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 am

Well i'll be completely honest ive had an incident with a previous guild who were just too damn rude. I argued with one of their members for some time (this was all back when i lead [OMFG]) i wanted to show them how pathetic they were, and i got so angry with them.

In the end i took a break and then came back, you feel alot calmer after that so that is always the solution for me.

But now i don't really get involved in any silly little arguements on AC, unless they are serious.
I like to prove my point when im arguing, thats my problem. Rolling Eyes

~ ll Jamie ll [DR]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by meshtoff Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:19 am

ok i have to be honest also. i have never been a jerk on ac at all, well at least that i know of. there is no reason!!! if you get mad walk away or log and come back when you have collected your self. If you are told you are acting like an ass then step back look at what you said or did. it may not seem to you you were acting rude or like an ass but you may have been. I recomend you apologize no matter what you think and tell them that was not my intention to be rude or offend. if you have a issue with some one and wish to discuss it civily with them then take it to PM don't involve others unless needed then let it be only officers of your guild, not just the leader of the guild. Final thought. If people are telling you to stop spamming or you are acting like a jerk then stop or apoligize like i mentioned here earlier, because if multiple people say it then it may be true. an apology goes a long way, don't let things spiral out of control.

Meshtoff Wolfgang (mka ALEX)
i am a officer of DR
meshtoff
meshtoff
Level 2: Member
Level 2: Member

Male
Number of posts : 31
Main GW Character : meshtoff wolfgang
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah i must agree with mesh, an apology works wonders afterwards even if you don't think it at the time. You probably even think its all their fault, but for the sake of others apologise for anything you may have said.

Trouble is with most people, they are too young to realise this, and they just continue arguing to WIN.. They don't think of others.

~ Jamie [DR]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Booka Babe Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:04 am

I too have to get up and walk away, get some air or some coffee or something, at times. There turly is no excuse for inappropriate behavior on chat. As discussed many times, everything has a time ans place. If out partying for the evening with peers, we talk differently then when we're around parents or at work and in our offices. The alliance is comprised of people of all ages and mixed company. While this is a game, we should all be on our best behavior in chat. If one must say something more, it should be done in a private conversation, not in open chat.
Booka Babe
Booka Babe
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 56
Guild : leader of Devils Rejects
Main GW Character : Booka Babe, Tara Bastet, Marrisa Kael (and others)
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am

if you feel really angry about something you should try and talk in guild chat, i no i am not the best one to talk about this as i have had an coupple of unessery outbursts on ac, but sometimes @ the time it is all taht seems appropiate!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Chat rage is commonplace in the gaming community as it relieves the frustration that builds. There are several things that can curtail such negative events:

1. Officers should immediately whisper the member involved and stop the issue from progressing. This method is best if the member and officer are in the same guild.
2. Members can use a code word established by leaders to alert someone of bad behaviour. This is my favourite idea since there is no need for explanation of correction.
3. All people can use the ignore feature under the friend's list if it is a person who continually causes distress.

Hope this helps!

~Klenora Firefox [TsA]
a.k.a. Phil Anthropists
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:14 pm

i think anyone who has anger problems should just yell into like the team chat or something if ur not in a party atm or just type it all and then delete it all you will get the relief as if you had really said it............wooo go wuter man yea!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:44 am

Thats one way to do it i s'pose, lol Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Booka Babe Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 am

There's a lot of good ideas here, all that could work. Unfortunately, the people who seem to have difficulties in chat and who would benefit from the advice are the same people who aren't registered on and don't use the forums.
Booka Babe
Booka Babe
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 56
Guild : leader of Devils Rejects
Main GW Character : Booka Babe, Tara Bastet, Marrisa Kael (and others)
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyri Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 am

Just ignore them lulz
Tyri
Tyri
Level 0: New Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 8
Guild : X Devils Rejects X
Main GW Character : Tyri Sunbeam
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe the Devils Reject Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:27 am

doin something else always works
Joe the Devils Reject
Joe the Devils Reject
Level 3: Not too Chatty
Level 3: Not too Chatty

Male
Number of posts : 51
Guild : Devils Rejects!
Main GW Character : malaketh dracul, worrior of khorne, snorri whitebeard & anything with joe in it should be me
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by margo_deohge Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:38 am

When there is someone in any chat tab wether it be alliance, or just simple all chat, that is just in total disregaurd of the other players i just useally un-check the box for that tab and blow the whole thing off, but sometimes u just cant fight the erge to say "stfu" i mean after all "ignorance is bliss"

Goddess Margo
{FeY}
margo_deohge
margo_deohge

Male
Number of posts : 4
Guild : arcane vengence {FeY}
Main GW Character : Goddess margo
Registration date : 2009-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/skud_x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down